The West-B is required by the State of Washington for all teacher education applicants in the state. The exam measures basic skills in Reading, Writing, and Math.
Passing scores must be submitted to WWU by the teacher education application due date.
The WWU test code for the exam is 248.
Exam website http://www.west.nesinc.com/index.asp
STUDY GUIDES for check out
We have a limited supply of West-B study guides you may check-out for up to 30 days.
You may come to Miller Hall 150, Monday - Friday, 8 to 5 to check out a book OR you may call and request one be mailed to you directly.
The test site also has links to "What's on the Tests" where you can find information about the concepts covered and examples of test questions and writing responses.
TEST VOUCHERS (to pay for the exam)
Woodring College of Education has limited number of vouchers to cover the test fee. Please follow these steps to apply for a voucher:
- You do not have to be a current WWU student, but must be applying to a Woodring College of Education teacher education program (Secondary, Special Education, Elementary or Early Childhood).
- Must qualify for financial aid.
- May only receive one West-B voucher.
- The supply is limited so we may not have vouchers available for all test dates.
- When using a voucher, registration must be completed by the regular registration deadline. Vouchers may not be used after the regular registration date for late or emergency registration.
Directions for applying for a voucher:
Send an email to Nancy Nelson (Nancy.Nelson@wwu.edu) stating that you are applying for a West-B voucher. Please include the following information:
The program and term you are applying for (e.g. Elementary, Winter 2013).
The date you will be taking the exam.
Statement declaring you qualify for financial aid based on your FAFSA.
Submit request no later than 2 weeks prior to the West-B regular registration deadline.
For additional information, please contact Teacher Education Admissions at: 360.650.3310
Miller Hall 150